ADN:023 — One Simple Trick For Capturing Better Content
Hey Friends -
Welcome to the Artist Development Newsletter.
Every Sunday, I send an email providing actionable tips for artists and industry on one area of the music business.
Last week we discussed Viral Marketing 101: How To Create Interest With The Unexpected.
You can re-read last week’s newsletter here if you want to refresh.
Today I want to show you one simple trick to capture and organize content for social media as a touring artist or band.
Let’s jump in.
Here is what you need:
- iCloud Account
Here is what I would recommend:
- Find or buy an old iPhone (someone you know has one)
- Cancel any existing carrier plan
- Connect to Wi-Fi
- Set up an iCloud account for your new “artist phone.”
- Give everyone in your band, and crew the passcode to the phone.
- Encourage them to pick it up and hit record (driving in the van or bus, walking to the stage, show footage, interviews, late-night hangs, EVERYTHING.)
- Log in to your iCloud account and pull footage to post on social media anytime you don’t know what to post.
You now have a social media content team, and you did it for the price of an iCloud account.
If you use this trick consistently, you will have endless content to pull for your social media as needed.
See you next week!
Did you enjoy this week’s newsletter?
Please share it with someone you think would enjoy it too!
If you haven’t already, you can subscribe to the newsletter here.